Thursday, July 3, 2008

Coming up for air . . . and a house!

Yesterday I got home from work at 2:30 and the storm blew in about that time. After a few loud cracks of thunder I panicked and started to batten down the hatches (close the windows). While I was surfing the net, wasting time in the wonders of cyberspace, I heard a loud slamming door and the screen went blank. The power was out and I was submerged into a world of darkness. In some ways being without power can be a good thing. I was forced to light a candle, sit by the window and study Spanish (something I desperately need to do before my July 12 test). I suppose its nice to be reminded that we can survive without power, and it forces me to find other ways to waste/spend time. As for now, I'm cozied in at Kava House using he internet; feels like coming up for air.
A lot of this time has also been spent dreaming about or new house! We made an offer on one we really loved on Tuesday and later that night we heard that they had accepted our offer. Last night we had the inspection and it all went well. We should be closing sometime in the next few weeks. The place is a 100 year old 4 bedroom house in the East Town neighborhood of Grand Rapids, and we love it. It's one block from the main drag of East Town (Lake Drive) which is full of cool businesses and also major bus route. We talked to the owner for a while last night and he filled us in on some of the great neighbors and history of the house. It was really nice and we were grateful for his time and kindness. Obviously I'll be posting a lot more on this in the near future. 507 Norwood, here we come!

No comments: