Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back home and thankful

Stephanie and I had a good week in Seattle, hanging out with family and friends, but it is great to be home. I'm glad Stephanie got home first, to turn the heat on. It is currently 7 degrees outside, and last night was probably colder. We kept the heat at 45 while we were gone and I'm sure our furnace had to work pretty hard just to keep it there. I heard it'll be about -10 degrees in Green Bay today for the Packers Giants game. I don't know how these psychopaths can sit in an outdoor stadium like that, but I guess some things are worth freezing your balls off. No thanks!

So, here's a good story. I'll try not to make it too graphic. The following are the contents of my stomach yesterday.


a small bowl of multi grain Cheerios








three or four pretzel bites, mmm.






and for desert . . . a few bites of fruit & nut delight








The crazy thing was I wasn't even hungry. More importantly, I wasn't confident I could hold down anything more. 8 hours in airports and airplanes has never felt so miserable. It's days like yesterday that make me so thankful that I am generally healthy, and that not every day is like that.

No comments: