Saturday, March 8, 2008

new job

Yesterday I started a new job. Don't worry I haven't quit my teaching job; and don't get your hopes up; I haven't got a full time teaching job. The past couple months I've been scrounging around for work in a mile radius of our home at local Coffee Shops and Cafe's. Finally last week we went to a local bakery down the street from us. I'd never really been there before, but it seemed like a pretty cool environment and I asked if they had any openings. About a week later I had the job. This place is kind of a coffee shop/bakery/pizzeria/deli/everything! It's pretty cool, but of course pays minimum wage. I'll mostly be running the register, making hot and cold caffeinated drinks, making sandwiches or the occasional pizza, and generally keeping things tidy. I'll probably be working two or three shifts a week, which will be great, and won't conflict with my school schedule at all. I don't know what it is about minimum wage jobs at really cool places, but I've already been told by three people (including my wife), "that's awesome! I'm so jealous". I guess all professional types harbor a secret desire to work in a cooler place than they currently work, and get paid way less. Makes sense to me. So yeah, be jealous!

2 comments:

Dustin DeKoekkoek said...

You will be drinking much better coffee than my office coffee, and yes, I am jealous.

Nate said...

Hey Nate, I am also Nate. I am less successfully underemployed as a teacher in Lancaster, PA and that is how I found your Blog. Best of luck to you.